Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Vertigo


Wow!! My chemo meds hit me hard yesterday. I had a super bad case of vertigo. I woke up at 3:00 am to give McCabe a binki and collapsed. Fortunately Tim was able to help me back in bed and comfort the little one. The vertigo was still bad 4 1/2 hours later when it came time to wake up. I went downstairs and sat on the couch and dry heaved until bile came forth. Of course Tim and my 2 kids were at the kitchen table watching. I felt awful because I couldn't move and yet I wanted to laugh because Jacinda kept saying "excuse you mom." She is at the stage where inappropriate body noises need to come with an "excuse me." Needless to say I slept until noon and then finally was able to face the day.


Today has been good. I have been taking it slow. I even straightened up the kitchen. I've been able to interact with my kids, but it is going to take a little more effort to get me in the snow. Jacinda loves to play outside and throw snowballs. Afterwards she warms up in a nice bath.


Thursday we leave for California. I am very excited for Disneyland. Hopefully I will at least have a few rides before spending the rest of the time sitting on the park benches. It is going to be great!!

4 comments:

Luis, Merry & family said...

We really appreciate you keeping us updated. It comforts me:) I admire your beautiful sense of humor and hope your spirits stay up! We love you!

The Ramirez Family

Unknown said...

Jacinda is a hoot. Its nice to always have our kids be our reminders sometimes...just means were doing our job as parents right,eh? Love ya and thank you for keeping on keeping on!Your the Best!

Leslie said...

i hope things get better. it is good to write this stuff... those of us who haven't gone through anything like that are clueless as to what happens. i am sorry you have to go through it... i truly don't understand why we signed up for some of the trials thrown our way... but there has to be some great reward later, right?
thanks for sharing your days.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates and enjoy CA!
Travis and Lacey