Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Port-catheter



I got my port today. I was very nervous. I asked for a local anesthetic so just the immediate area would be numb, but I guess all my thrashing and movement bumped my anesthetic to general. (I don't remember moving at all but the doctor said I was.) The doctor tried putting the port on my left side, but could not get it positioned correctly, so he put it in the right side just under the collar bone. (This sounds all too familiar with trying to draw my blood, I get poked 2 or 3 times before someone gets it right.) I am doing great. I am bruised on both sides of my chest. I am handling this recovery well. I have not thrown up and I have been able to eat real foods not just soups and liquids. I thank you all for your prayers and words of encouragement. Your prayers are being answered and giving me tons of strength.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

:)

keeping you and yours in my prayers.

Marisa May said...

You are strong, Sasha!

Unknown said...

You amaze me every day. My prayers are with you & you wonderful family.I love your smile & infectious laughter. Keep them always.

Sharron

Steve and Liz said...

You are amazing! We pray for you everyday! Keep smiling!!

Anonymous said...

WOW

I LOVE YOU

Rox

Unknown said...

Maybe subconciously you were moving I would be too. For some one to open me up I would have to be knocked out...You are so brave and YOU ROCK!

Lacey said...

Oh wow alot of updates since I last checked. You will be so glad to have the port. When Trav's dad finally got it he was so happy to not have to be poked so many times. You sound like me, I always get poked multiple times before it is done right. Often they call in another nurse that is better at getting blood or doing IV's. LOL! Hang in there. We love you guys! I love all of the wigs by the way. The straight short style looks great on you.

Kelli said...

Sasha, I found you! And I can't believe all the crazy similarities between you and I! First the same stage and now this. My port was also placed on my right after the doctor attempted the left side. Is that weird or what!?