Sunday, March 2, 2008

Good Day


I enjoyed this Sunday. For the first time since my last chemo treatment I have no pain. Each treatment leaves me with horrible side effects. This time it was the terrible stomach cramping. The doctor thinks it's heartburn, but the prilosec does not work. I just let time heal the body. Some of the chemo meds are doing crazy things to my body. I am getting liver spot looking marks on my fingers and face. This is due to the bleomycin. It makes me look 10 years older. I also have long hard nails. I don't know what is causing this but it sure takes a lot to break one (I am loving this side-effect). My hair is getting very thin. It is really neat to look at a strand of hair. When analyzing a strand I can see that the 1/3 of the strand closest to my scalp is a lot thinner than the other 2/3. Now that is something you don't see everyday.


My next treatment is Wednesday March 5th. This will be my half way mark, only 4 more treatments of chemo. I am so hoping that I don't need radiation but I will see what happens. Hopefully I will have good PET scan results.


The family is doing great. Tim has been a real trooper and support. He even has a good sense of humor. I just found out that he told Mimi (my sister when she was helping 2 weeks ago) that he "married his mother-in-law" because I am doing a good job of reflecting my mom during her last few years of life--being optimistic and wearing sweats. I got a good laugh out of his comment. That's about it for now. Lots of love to all.

6 comments:

The Glenn Fam said...

I have to say you look GREAT! I am glad that you are feeling a little better. If you need me to take you on thursday for your follow up shot again just let me know, it wasn't a bother at all. Keep hangin in there. Nicole

Kae said...

Sasha
I love how positive you are. You are a great example to me. Good luck with the chemo. Kae Harrison

Unknown said...

Your Awesome! Your Awesome! Your Awesome! Your Awesome! And dude you are soooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lacey said...

Oh so good to hear Sasha. Thank goodness for those good days huh? Well I am so glad you are doing as well as you are and I know it can't be easy but you are a trooper, I am very amazed at your positive outlook and trying to focus and make note of when things are good.

Nicole said...

We found your blog and have been following along every step of the way. I just felt I needed to tell you my first thought when opening your blog today. You are so beautiful. Keep up the positive attitude, it is shining through. You and your family are in our prayers. Nicole and Craig Rees

Leslie said...

you are beautiful.