Sunday, March 2, 2008

Thursday, March 20,2008


I got the PET scan results and they are awesome. To quote the doctor, “all the lights and illuminations previously seen are not there.” That means the chemo is working (I guess it is worth going through this ghastly trauma. Believe me it has gotten harder. I can no longer tolerate the smell of alcohol. I need to cover my nose with a tissue or else I will start to dry heave the moment the aroma hits my nose. I still have 3 treatments and then a CT scan. At that time, the doctor will review the scan results and decide about the need of radiation. So far things are going so much in my favor I hope I don’t need radiation.

I have been very blessed. Bonnie Dimond and her son stayed and helped out with my recovery last week. I enjoyed her kindness and cooking. For the first time I had a massage at 3:30 am. It was nice and helped me to fall asleep.

I saw some of you at stake conference and you told me how you are putting my name in the temple and praying for me. I feel all your prayers because it can get pretty depressing going through this but if I take a moment and remember how much love and support is coming my was along with the reflection on the scripture “be still and know I am God.” It keeps my mind better in focus.

P.S. I would like to thank all those who have donated to the medical expense account. It is coming in useful and much needed. Those unsuspecting hospital visits are 3 ½ times my normal co-pay. If you would still like to donate, it is account is at Bank of America and the account number is 35254424

5 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah! We've been thinking about you all week, knowing tests results were coming. We are so happy for the good news and will continue to pray for you! Hang in there!!

Marisa May said...

That's great news! I really hope you don't have to get the radiation. Have a very happy Easter!

Leslie said...

that is great news. i am so happy for you. i hope you don't need the radiation. what a huge blessing.
love ya.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the results were good. Yeah for being 1/2 way done!! Thank you for your's and Tim's kindness. I'm the one who feels blessed. It really was my privilge to be able to come out there and help in some small way. Thank you. We look forward to your visit when this experience is just a distant memory. Lots of love and hugs. - Bonnie

Elizabeth said...

That's great news!