Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I thought it was time to update the blog. I am not feeling very well. Yes I did have my last chemo treatment but I am suffering terrible stomach and back pain. Monday the 12th is my next appointment with the oncologist. He will see how I am doing and then hand me off to the radiologist. I was hesitant at first to get radiation, however, my take is now let the professionals handle it. If it will prevent me from getting cancer again, I am all for it. After having 8 treatments of chemo I am proud to say I still have some hair on my head. My eyebrows and eyelashes are very thin (I have lost a lot of eyelashes) and it seems like the chemo did not affect the hair on my legs (nuts!!). I still look like a 15 year old boy when I am not wearing my wig or makeup but I am sure happy to be alive and kicking.

4 comments:

NW Varneys said...

Sasha, sorry you are in so much pain. I hope you are back in the game soon! Congrats on your last Chemo treatment!!
I also wanted to let you know that Jacinda brought her Barbie "babies" over here the day we watched her, and thus Trey was exposed to Barbies even before his sister owned one. :)
Jacinda also picked some flowers for you and made a bouquet, but we forgot to send it home with her. Just picture lots of yellow dandelions, a few tiny yellow and white flowers, and a couple of dandelion seed sticks. Beautiful isn't it? And just for you. :)

Unknown said...

Better a 15 year old boy than a 70 year old man? Sorry about the hurty body. That's the pits.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sasha

Glad to hear you are almost done with your treatment, you have a beautiful family, hang in there I know you can do it.

Your old RUSD friend

Marisa May said...

You've come so far! I hope the radiation isn't as bad as the chemo. I think you should just leave your leg hair on to make up for lack of it elsewhere. Believe me, not shaving your legs is great! As long at your husband doesn't mind.