Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Tuesday, May 13, 2008




I met with the oncologist yesterday. It was a good visit. He basically asked how I am doing and if I have any pain. In short, I do not have any pain except I did get nauseous taking the exit to get to the doctor’s office (he said that is common). The doctor also said that he is really pleased with my results—the white blood cells are at a good level and I am a little anemic but nothing to worry about. I have lots of follow up visits for next 5 years to make sure that the cancer is totally gone. My next oncologist appointment is in 8 weeks. He plans for boring follow up visits (now that is what I am talking about).

I meet with the radiologist this Friday to set up my radiology schedule. I hear that radiology is not as bad as chemo. If that is the case, “bring it on.”

Life is busy here at the Fisher household. With the onset of beautiful weather, the kids like to swim in their little pool. McCabe is a regular fish. I need to keep the bathroom doors shut because he likes to play with the faucets or the toilets. Anywhere there is water he wants to play in it. Jacinda is big into crafts, helping me make foods (like the banana Popsicles), and telling me that I am in time-out. I love how teaching kids seems to always come back and haunts you.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations. Cute kids, btw.

NW Varneys said...

Awesome!! CUTE pics! :)

Costner Family said...

Yay Sasha!! Great News! Your kids are so cute! I have been keeping up with you on your blog and today I just had to comment! Congrats! You are so strong! I totally have to agree with you on the things we say coming back to haunt us...so true!! Take Care!

Anonymous said...

Use SunSreen!!!! I remember mom when she came back from Radiation is was badly burned the first couple of visits. Are they going to tattoo you too like they did with mom??

Natalie said...

Great News!Your kids are so cute. When are you coming to Utah?

Unknown said...

Radical Dude! Thats music to our ears! Jacinda and Macabe are the sweetest and it looks like they are having a blast in the ool...hopefully there is no p in it...heeheee! Well keep up the good work and I look forward to hanging out and celebrating your "no more chemo" party! YAY!!!!!!

Lacey said...

That is such good news, and as for radiation Trav's grandma would take it anyday of chemo. So hopefully it wont't be too bad. The kids are adorable. Love ya guys!