Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Radiation starts the first week of June for four weeks. It will be a Monday through Friday 5 to 10 minute treatment. The only major side effects should be tiredness, itchiness, and difficulty swallowing. The radiologist says that the lymph system responds well to radiation so he only gives half the normal dosage. I have the choice of getting 3 tiny tattoos or marker markings indicating the areas needing radiation. I am tired of being poked with needles so I think the markers fall more in my favor.

I have another appointment this Tuesday. He will give me the results of Friday’s CT scan and set up my schedule. The treating of cancer is a lengthy process but I am glad to be on the downhill of things.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's great to know that the whole process is winding down in a way. I am so proud of you and your attitude through this and the strength that Heavenly Father has blessed you with to help you see through all the "junk" of cancer. Thanks again for letting me reminise about middle/high school friday night and also the school carnival it was so much fun to hang out with you and Jacinda! Keep Rockin' Sasha! ~Becky

liz said...

We are so glad to hear you are on the way down. You amaze us with your positive attitude. You have been an inspiration to all. We will continue to pray for you!

Love,
Steve, Liz and Zack Abercrombie

Camilla said...

Steve told me about the cancer. I'm so sorry this has been your "lot" for the past six months. Steve and I sat down to read your blog and it brought me to tears at times. My brother in law has cancer too. Its different though, bone cancer and resistant to chemo and radiation. All they can do is surgically remove bone. He won't be walking unassisted again. Cancer is horrible. We will pray for the best with your radiation and hope its gone for good. I must say, though, that you sure can pull off wearing a wig! You looked beautiful! You and the family are in our thoughts.