Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday, May 25, 2008

CT scan was good—no cancer activity in the neck and just some scar tissue in my chest. I start radiation June 3rd. I got writing on my chest and neck indicating reference points for the radiation. I have to say that was not a fun process. I was naked from the waist up, my head and chin were taped to the table and there were three women looking over me and marking my body as if I was anything but human. Then one of the women touches me with her ice cold hands. Instinctively, my body jerks and I am thinking, “come on wear gloves or get some warm hands.” Needless to say I was not very happy. However, I relieved my stress by crying a few tears.

The rest of the week went better and Saturday I had a few friends over for a little party. We had a great time playing balderdash and singing karaoke. I got to do the American Idol edition on the Wii. Ok so in short I sucked. There is no sugar coating it. So if any of you have tips on how to sing well, I am open for suggestions.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You did not suck! You were wonderful! I had a blast too, having friends makes life so much fun. I so needed that girls night out it was so worth it and so much fun! Thank you again so much for having it and I think officially doctors, nurses, any health care professional that comes in contact with patients should have a furcoat glove made...warm and soft. Okay maybe that sounded wierd but at least gloves with a warmer built in would be nice...sorry you had to endure their coldness if I didn't know better they sound like vamps undercover..haha.

Anonymous said...

Wish I could've been there at the girls night...stupid pine wood derby!
Sorry you had to be prodded with ice cold fingers! It sucks that sterile and cold seem to go hand in hand.
*hugs*
Virginia

Elizabeth said...

Good lock starting your radiation tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you and praying for you.