Sunday, March 8, 2009

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Today we went to dinner at Brad and Cindy Larsen’s. I had a great time talking and enjoying a delicious meal. For the most part the kids were good. However, there was a moment after dinner as we were talking that McCabe had disappeared for a minute or two and then showed up with chocolate all over his face and right hand. He had helped himself to the chocolate cake. I started laughing. Brad and Cindy were very nice a casual about the whole ordeal. Needless to say, I took the piece hand crafted by McCabe.

Tomorrow is Tim’s birthday. We have dinner and a walk planned. We are also getting him some new church shoes. It is funny how birthdays change when we get older. We focus on the birthday person during the day and then we get to have a date night. It is almost like having another valentine’s day. I am really thankful that I get to enjoy another year with Tim. There has not been a day where I’ve regretted marrying him. He is such a good match.

This past week was crazy fun. I got to do a photo shoot for Fred Meyer’s deli. I am holding a platter of food next to a banquet table filled with food in a khaki outfit. I am also wearing a long black wig. The photo shoot was a great experience and the people were very nice to work with. However, I probably will never do it again because I had to arrange for a sitter then drive an hour each way. Once at the studio, I sat around for 3 hours, brushed my wig with a plastic fork (because I forgot a brush) and then had pictures taken for 45 minutes. The Kroger people were giving me one set of instructions for the shoot while the camera man was telling me something completely different. I guess eventually I did what they wanted or at least they saw a picture worth keeping. My only regret is not asking when the picture will be advertised. So if you happened to see an ad that might resemble the scene I described let me know. It also might be in a Smith’s deli ad since Kroger also owns Smith’s.

1 comment:

Marisa May said...

Hey! I didn't know that Tim and I share a birthday! Hope he had a happy one!
Will the photo you did show up in the Fred Meyer ads? That will be fun to see you if it does.