Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday, March 15, 2009

So I just want to re-cap on a few events that occurred during the past week. Let me first start with our neighbor’s party. Steven Pond was turning forty. The party was filled with lots of food and people. Jacinda played with her friends and waited the whole night for the cake cutting. When it came time to light the candles and then cut the cake, my children were right there first in line. In fact, when Tracy lit the 40 candles, Jacinda covered her mouth and McCabe started blowing/spitting to put out the fire. Tim and I were laughing. There 15-year-old son had to put his hand over McCabe’s mouth. I wish I had a camera to capture the moment. Well when it was time to blow out the candles, McCabe did help.

McCabe was also fascinated with the Pond’s fish. He kept sticking his finger in the bowl and the fish would come up and “kiss” it. Instantly McCabe would pull out his finger and wipe it on his shirt as he giggled. That was a riot to watch. I love the excitement that 2 year-olds can exhibit.

You know it is funny how life throws things at you and you have to decide how to react. We hired an accountant to do our taxes. She said that they would be done March 2nd. I called numerous times to come and get the paper work. She would not return my calls so I decided to go to her office. I thought clearly she would have them done since it was a week in a half past the given “finish” date. She was not in her office so I left a message with the receptionist. She did not call when she came in that day so I called her the next day. Eventually she called back and confessed to misplacing our paperwork and then finding it (that is why she never returned my calls). I was livid and fuming, but I learned a valuable lesson. When disaster strikes, take immediate action to resolve the issue because ignoring it will not make it go away. Also be honest with your dealings. We have all the originals and would have been happy to have provided her another set. Unfortunately this will result in finding a new accountant.

No comments: