Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sunday, February 1, 2009

It has been about 2 weeks since my last entry. Life as a mother does not slow down. I got to talk today in Young Women’s about “finding joy in my divine potential.” I was asked to talk about my life without kids and then the life I have now. Basically I discussed events in the past 10 years and how they have helped me to realize the potential I have as a daughter of God. The events in the past 10 years that played such a pivotal role in my life include, my patriarchal blessing, my temple marriage, getting an education, the death of my mother, the birth of my children, and cancer. No matter the trial or the great experiences I have on this earth, God’s hand is always involved. No matter the circumstances I still feel very blessed and know that I am a daughter of God. He loves me and sent me here to have joy. I am having a great life and I don’t want to disappoint Him. I am trying to do my best to raise and nurture my children in righteousness by teaching them gospel principles so that we can all return to Him.

This past week the kids made cookies, got some haircuts, and had cousins from California visit. We have been very busy being creative and developing our culinary skills. Jacinda has been on a picture kick lately. She is taking pictures of everything, the chair, her family, the wall, and her toes. McCabe is big into copying mom and dad. Today he needed to put perfume on his wrists just like his mom and likes to shave (with the lid on) with his dad. It is so much fun watching these kids grow.


Shaving like daddy


McCabe gets a haircut


Picture taken by Jacinda of her feet.


Frosting cookies (Yummmm!!)


Car full of cousins.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that stage-as long as you like what they are copying. Sometimes I catch the kids saying things and then realize they got that from me!

Unknown said...

PS it's weird to think about life without kids! I'm glad mine are here--it's a better life.

The Jones Family said...

Sasha! I had no idea you graduated from Cal State! I thought you graduated from BYU in nutrition. I just saw your picture on Dr. Chen's wall!