Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Here I am walking on the treadmill watching the snow fall outside. I thought it would be a good time to update the blog. We had a great past week. Tim took 2 days off from work. One day he spent building a chicken coop and the next day he spent recovering from his handy man efforts. We got 3 chickens. Jacinda named them carbuncle, blueberry, and bacterial. I know where she got the first two names but bacterial really surprised me. Carbuncle is a result of my endless attempts of calling her white with red spots toy dog that name. The name Blueberry was inspired from a strawberry shortcake character. It is really fun having the chickens. Jacinda feels the need to check on them every hour. She gets extremely excited when they lay eggs. We get about 1 or 2 a day. Jacinda also likes to feed them bread. I have noticed that my bread is disappearing much faster since having the chickens.

Having chickens is also great for Tim. Just a few days ago Tim played a trick on the kids. When they were not looking, he put a plastic purple candy filled egg next to the eggs that were laid. He had the kids go out and get the eggs. He followed with a camcorder. McCabe’s reaction was sheer obliviousness. Jacinda stood there for a moment thinking about a purple egg next to the brown eggs and then she caught on. When she shook the plastic egg she just laughed and said, “there is candy in here.”

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, chickens! I had to gather the eggs growing up and not sure if that made me not like chicken growing up or if I just didn't like it. That is so fun! Love the names too!

Unknown said...

Cute,cute and more cuteness! Your family is just so sweet and cute. Good luck wis ze chick-Onsssss!Bwhahaha!

Marisa May said...

I didn't know you were getting chickens! How fun. I LOVE the names Jacinda came up with. Just classic.