Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday, January 18, 2009

I am extremely tired today. I know that Sunday’s are supposed to be the day of rest but there is not rest for this mother. McCabe was active and tired all through church. He gave me a scare when he almost flipped over the pew. Fortunately I caught is legs before they went over. During the third hour I rocked him to sleep. That was precious and a monumental moment. He never falls asleep at church.

This past week was unbelievably busy. Tim took the week off and it seemed like life got busier. I did paint the downstairs bathroom. I am very happy with the results. Tim did not get to do much around the house. He did however watch the kids so I could paint which I gratefully appreciate.

We went to Portland a few times this week. Wednesday I had an oncology appointment. I had some x-rays taken and it was amazing to compare the before and after pictures of my lungs and heart. Dr. Nichols pointed out where the cancer was and the current space of where it once resided. I was amazed at the difference. It actually gave me great comfort to see a diminished circle inside my body where the cancer once resided. Yes there is some scarring on my lungs from the radiation (he pointed that out), but that is no big deal as long as the cancer is gone. I have some occasional pains internally where the scarring is located on my lungs. At the moment I am trying to see if anything triggers the pain. Last night’s trigger was Chinese food.

Friday we played in Portland. We rode the street cars (the kids loved that), played at the park, and then ate some lunch at the Lloyd Center Mall. The weather was deceptively warm (sunny but chilly). We were warm as long as we kept moving and McCabe made sure that we did not stand around for too long. I wish I had his energy.

Saturday we went to the temple. It was a joy to be there with my husband and friends (it was stake temple day). Something very strange happed while sitting in the temple, the lights went out for 10 seconds and then the generators kicked on. I assume that the wind caused the outage since it was blowing really hard. After we finished our session as we were getting into our car the lights went out again. I heard they were out for 45 minutes. I was so grateful we went when we did and not any later.

3 comments:

Joan said...

McCabe is one of the reason us OLD people don't have babies! No wonder Sariah laughed. lol

I have never ridden the trolleys in Portland. What fun! We will have to get pointers.

Have you seen the Summit Ward YouTube talent show yet? Go to my blog and see it. But visit the bathroom first. :-)
Joan

Unknown said...

What a fun week! We had a child flip over the pew once, sad to say I can't even remember who it was! So glad to hear you are doing well. Keep the faith!

Unknown said...

Ditto I agree that we were fortunate to have gone to the Temple when we did...heard that they cancelled the chapel session. Glad you got your painting done...let me know if there is anything i could do to ever help with your projects.~Becky