Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday, November 23, 2008

I saw Twilight this past weekend with some ladies. It was a fun flick. Some of the scenes were filmed 30 minutes from the town where I live. Now that the sequel has the green light for production I think it would be a blast to be an extra in it. Unfortunately I do not look like I am in high school.....bummer.

I love that gas is just under $2.00 a gallon. Talk about making my day. Gas prices are more fickel than a woman. I should know since I am one.....a woman not a gas price.

I gave the lesson today in relifef society. It was about Pres. Monson's talk this past conference on "Finding Joy in the Journey." I loved teaching every minute of this talk because I was able to reflect on my life and see where I needed improving. I also loved hearing the comments from the other women. They have such good advice and lessons of life. The main message of the lesson is to show gratitude in word and deed for what you have and acknowledge God in everything. You have one life don't waste it lusting after things. Realize what you have and be grateful. I shared a story about my cancer. There were some positive things about having it (believe it or not). The part I shared went something like this: though I was stricken with a life threatning illness I still felt very blessed that I had hodgkins cancer....the one with the highest cure rate.

It is funny how we as mortals get stuck in thinking that life is miserable and that it would be better if I only had this or I only had that. I loved Pres. Monson's remarks and how he tells us to make the best of today by focusing on what is and not on an illusive wasteland. When we show thanks for the blessings we have, we are acknowleging the Lord's hand in our lives. I cannot add much more to that. He summed it up quite nicely.

1 comment:

Joan said...

Well, Sasha, if you get a tan (lots of ways to do that) you can be part of the reservation as Jacob part is much BIGGER in the next movie. :-)

Your lesson was awesome, btw.

Joan