Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Happy birthday Natalie....my older sister.



Having fun watching Jacinda roller skating.


Jacinda striking a pose while dancing.

I am having too much fun. I love being a mom and a wife…shoot I just love being alive. I am approaching my 1 year mark of being diagnosed with cancer. I read a little story about a fellow who has experienced cancer 3 times in his life (something I wish never to have). He said that you need to look at cancer as a “detour” not a death sentence. That is a great perspective. Since going through the whole ordeal with cancer, chemo, and radiation I have definitely changed. I am a bit more daring in areas that were once lacking in self-confidence. Just this past week I auditioned for a print ad. It was exhilarating standing there trying to put the camera man’s words into a pose. I didn’t do great, but the experience was priceless. I left the building just giggling knowing that I did something I would never have done in a thousand years if I was the same person from a year ago.


A current picture of Sasha

Thanksgiving was really fun and a cold learning lesson. We spent it with Tim’s dad and fiancĂ©e in Vancouver. We decided to go to the zoo before eating the feast. After all the zoo was nearby and has free admission on Thanksgiving. I did not think that there would be a lot of people there after all it was thanksgiving and people should be with their families eating turkey. Oh I was so wrong. The parking lot was full. We drove around for minutes looking for a parking spot. Finally we found one. The kids were so excited until McCabe had to sit in the stroller….then he threw a fit (hence the picture). We decided to let him walk….yikes!! Tim and I spent 2 hours chasing after a 2 year old and constantly saying, “excuse me, I’m sorry” to the people around us. McCabe sure is fast for a little guy. After our few hours at the zoo I was frozen. I could barely move my fingers to snap my seatbelt. I almost had to take Tim’s offer to help me buckle up. Oh it was sure nice thawing on the way to Steve and Jo’s place…I am so grateful for heat.
A very unhappy McCabe at the zoo


Yeehaw...the kids riding a wood pony at the zoo.


McCabe's favorite thanksgiving food....olives on the fingers of course.

So Tim and I spent last night watching the classic eighties movie “Mr. Mom” with Michael Keaton. After being with Tim for 10 years you pick up some things from him. For instance, I notice the “oops” moments in movies (something I never noticed before). We were laughing because there are 2 moments where the editing was overlooked. One part is when Jack (Michael Keaton) just got done wrestling with the washing machine. He then comes upstairs soaking wet only to face the vacuum with a mind of its own. As he is running away from the vacuum the next shot shows him turning a corner and instantly his shirt is dry and tucked into his waistline. We were laughing at that “oops” moment. And then to add to that, just moments later the baby in the walker has chili on her forehead. Next shot no chili on her forehead and then the next shot the chili is back on her forehead. This occurs all in a matter of seconds. We were rolling with laughter. I tell ya, it is the moments like these that make these movies classics.

1 comment:

JuLene said...

I'm glad you are still alive too. I think it's wonderful that you did the print ad thing. You look so good. I hope you stay cancer free too. Take care and Merry Christmas.