Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So we had a busy 2 weeks because we went with Tim on a working trip. In the middle of July we spent a week in Idaho. While Tim was working, we went to the zoo, the children’s museum, watched a lot of cartoons in the hotel room and went swimming. McCabe was kamikaze when it came to the water. He loves to splash and jump in it. He really kept me on my toes. Thank goodness Jacinda was a bit more calm and a good listener.

The second week of our trip was spent in Utah. I was able to visit my sisters and therefore the kids were able to visit their cousins. I was also able to visit some old friends. Unfortunately I did not get to see everyone so for the ones I missed I will visit you on the next trip.

Utah was hot but fun. We went boating and Jacinda loved it. McCabe was ok as long as he could see both mom and dad. However, when his dad was in the water waiting to be pulled by the boat McCabe would cry until he saw him. For all those wondering no I did not try water skiing. At the moment, I do not have enough strength. While in Utah, I got really tired in the afternoons and many times took naps when the kids took them.

We went to the children’s museum and had a gondola ride at the Canyons ski resort. These were fun activities but as previously mentioned, I got really tired after 2 hours of participation. I had to sit and rest. The highlight of the trip was July 24th. We had a barb-e-que, the kids got to ride horses and ponies, and watch a firework show.

As the trip came to a close, we left Saturday at 4:00 am and made it to Washington by 8:00 pm. Tim and I traded off driving. Needless to say, the next day I had to skip church because I had a fever of 102. It finally broke in the afternoon.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Glad to hear you made it home safe and had a good time in Utah. We enjoyed spending time with your family in Idaho....did you get all the zoo pictures I sent?

Unknown said...

What a fun vacation! And is it not normal to take naps when the kids do? Dang.