Saturday, August 9, 2008

Saturday, August 9, 2008

I am very excited because now it seems official that the cancer is gone. I got my port removed on Wednesday. It was a 20 minute procedure that entailed numbing the area, cutting it open, taking out the port, and stitching it back up the area. It was hard to go through the whole process and be awake (because I don’t like needles and blood), but Tim was there to hold my hand. However, after leaving the “surgery” room, I had to lay down on the lobby floor because my body was having some sort of vasoconstriction reaction. The nurse said it as common among patients. It is just my body’s way of reacting to the “trauma” or shock of what happened. For those who have never had this experience it goes something like this: your vision starts to blur and then the peripheral blacks out, your head gets really hot and your ears start to ring. Then your head cools down and you feel like you are going to faint or pass out. Needless to say I was wheeled out of the hospital. Once in the car I was fine.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoy your blog. Please keep us occasionally updated! I look forward to visiting with you face to face real soon.
Sharron Carmichael

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That sounds like a bizarre experience. YAH! for all the other positive and grateful news! You are truely one of the most gracefuland strong women I have ever met and we miss seeing you and your adorable family at church. Continue to take good care...
Shannon

Lacey said...

Wow that has to feel so good to be able to get that out and give you some assurance and comfort that it is real, you won't be needing it! Love ya guys and hope we get to see you at Thanksgiving.

Marisa May said...

That's great Sasha! (about being officially cancer-free, not about your trauma) Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha Ha check out this site...watch a few videos! It's funny .... http://www.baratsandbereta.com/videos.html