Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Life is grand. I finished radiation a week and a half ago and just met with the oncologist today. He gave me a clean bill of health. My PET scan was cancer free (YEAH!). I am so thankful to all the people that helped with my cancer battle. I guess it is time to blog about my family.

I just hit my 9 year mark of marriage (that is amazing considering I thought I was going to be a career woman). I have 2 kids, Jacinda 3.5 and McCabe 1.5. They are the joy of my life. I want to have another one but at the moment (and if this persists) I have little strength and energy to do daily tasks. I constantly need to take naps and my zest and enthusiasm is fading. It is weird at times I feel like I am dying because I get so light headed or dizzy and I sit still and the world keeps going. I hate that feeling. Jacinda will start pre-school this year. She is learning her alphabet and becoming indoctrinated early with gospel teachings. I love it when she tells me about the word of wisdom (i.e. don't drink tea, coffee, beer, etc...) She is also able to recognize the first presidency and say their names if you point to them. However, the best thing right now is that out of no where she will say, "mom, I love you." It melts my heart and makes parenting worth every back ache and head ache.

McCabe is my beefy little man. He is 33 pounds of pure boy. He loves to sit in puddles, throw rocks, and wrestle especially with his daddy. He is a little cranky right now because his top canine teeth are coming in. However, on the bright side, he is learning to kiss. He will blow kisses and pucker. It is the best feeling to have "loves" from my mister McCabe.

Now the man who made all this fun possible is Tim. He is a hard working good humored man. He works for Sprint doing a phenomenal job setting best practice trends and other important and praise worthy stuff. He has been a true friend helping me through the cancer ordeal. If I sit and think about it too long I start to cry because he loves me so much and it is so refreshing to find a good person like that. He is a man of strong character who does not run at the first sight of hard times. And even though at this time I feel like "damaged goods," (because of the scars, lack of hair, and the ugliness from cancer) he treats me like a rare gem.......He really is a good man. I am so blessed to have him.

14 comments:

Jill said...

Yeah!!! Congratulations! So glad to hear things are looking up. We are excited to see you next week!

Rodgers clan said...

Hey Sasha it's Cacia. I am not totally sure how, but I stumbled across your blog. Congrats on the good news. What a tough year for you, I vaguely (?spel)remember my mom telling me about your cancer, but it sounds like things are well. It was so fun to look through your posts & see your darling family. Your kids are so beautiful. I am totally going to add you to my friends list on my blog. My blog address is: www.therodgersclan.blogspot.com

Congrats again on the good cancer free news, thats so great. Keep in touch, Cacia

Unknown said...

You are so blessed! I am so happy for you and that your body is cancer free! What a miracle and blessing! And what a blessing your family is and I just love you all so much and so happy to have such wonderful friends in my life, you all are indeed a blessing in ours!

Camilla said...

so glad you are feeling better and been given a clean bill of health! what a blessing.

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

Congratulations!!!! We are so excited for you and your family. You do have a wonderful family and we are so blesssed to be raising them in the gosple.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!! It must be wonderful to have that part behind you! I need to give you a call sometime, I have a story to tell you. You should post a picture of your hair growing in. My friend has naturally red hair. After her hair started growing back after her chemo it was platinum blond for a little while! You would have fun with that!

We all love you!

Merry and the boys

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being all done and cancer free!!!! That is amazing, wonderful, exciting news!!! We are so happy for you and are still here for you if you need us. Just because the cancer is gone, doesn't mean that your body is just going to bounce back. Give yourself some time and don't forget that your friends are here for you.
Love you!
Virginia and family

Brooke said...

Congratulations on the good news Sasha! I am so excited to meet your cute family. Looking forward to seeing you soon...

Lacey said...

Congratulations, that has to be such an amazing feeling to be given a clean bill of health. We love you guys and are two amazing people. Can't wait to see you both.

Marisa May said...

Congrats Sasha! I know you'll be back to your normal energetic self soon (as much as a mom of 2 can be.) Tim is right to treat you as a gem because you are!

boylingivylilac said...

Congratulations Sasha,
You have been in my thoughts and I am so happy for the results. Cancer Free. Bless you.

I love your blog but, most especially you and your strength.

Carry on beautiful lady,

The Reed Family said...

Hi Sasha this is Julia, Tricia's sister. I just want you to know that you are an inspiration! I am so happy for you to be done and have a clean bill of health I bet that feels amazing. Hopefully each day will bring a little more strength and energy! You have a beautiful family, and good luck with everything!

Steve said...

Sasha, Congratulations on the clean bill of health. I can't wait until I hear the same thing from my sister. It was so good to see you last week. Imwish it could have been longer. Just a quick FYI. I have a blog, I think. I tried to figure it out around Christmas time and may have a few pictures on it. I found yours, through Natalie's page. Its great to see your doing well. I know how the tired thing goes, kinda. Keep in touch. Steve.