Sunday, March 31, 2019

Thursday, March 28, 2019


Seems like the days blend.  Nothing too exciting to report.  I have been exercising more and as a result, eat more.  Also met with the accountant and now need to pay some hefty taxes.  Tim is getting the lawn business ready.  This weekend he will change the oil and lawn mower blades.
This past weekend, we drove by the Farmington house.  That was an amazing experience because the owners were outside working.  They invited us in for a tour.  It was so incredible to see that much of the work Tim and I did 15 years ago did not change.  We but a lot of sweat equity and good memories into that home.  The owners were so nice and come to find out, I went to high school with Adam Jensen.  It was funny to find out that Michelle Jensen lived in Longview, WA and knew many of the same people we did.  Side note: we moved to Longview, WA after remodeling the Farmington house.  We hit it off so well that they are coming over in May for a BBQ.
Jacinda has surprised me this past week with taking the initiative and cleaning the house.  She even mentioned that she needs to focus more on her school studies.  I don’t know what sparked this change but I love it.
McCabe is doing his thing which is playing fortnite and doing evening math with me.  He likes to get me just before going to bed to review his math.  I have told him that Tim can review it, but for some reason likes it when I check.
Xadia is working on her marionette.  She made a puppet of Malala.  Just the other day we made a vibrant dress for her puppet.  Now we need to make a head shawl for her.  Xadia is also working on identifying adjectives, adverbs, pronouns, and verbs in a sentence.  We had a short review yesterday as we were chopping hard boiled eggs for egg salad sandwiches.
This past week, Teagan has been wanting to sleep in my bed.  That is a big NO because he likes to flail his arms.  History shows that I have been hit too many times in the face by him while I slept.  I know better.  So we came to an agreement.  He could sleep on our bedroom floor in his train tent.  Oh the simple things in life that bring joy to a seven year old.  He ran down the hall and in 10 seconds was back with his tent, 3 blankets, and a giant teddy bear.  He laid on our bed as we watched the news then once asleep, Tim put him in his tent.
Egg Master Teagan has mastered cooking eggs in bread.  He likes to surprise us with his specialty dish.





No comments: