Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday, March 26, 2017

                We had a great weekend.  The girls (Xadia and Jacinda) went to General Women’s conference.  It was very informative.  I liked sister Cordon’s talk about leaning in to Christ.  After the conference, we ate at the Mandarin.  We got egg soup, ham fried rice, egg rolls, Buddah’s Delight, Sweet and Sour Almond Chicken, and plain rice.  The girls loved the sweet and sour chicken.  Jacinda commented, “I am already planning my marriage to this chicken.”  That caught me off guard because she rarely says things like that.
                While we were at the women’s conference, the boys went gun shopping and shooting.  They also stocked up on potato chips and root beer.  It was good to spend time with the kids.
                We went on a hike today in Mueller Park.  Teagan had a great time hiding behind the trees and jumping out and growling.  His hiding was very obvious.  I guess he thought I did not see him because I was wearing sun glasses.  Occasionally the kids would run ahead on the trail and then freeze as they do the mannequin challenge.  I don’t know where they come up with these ideas but they keep for exciting moments.
                Xadia is big into the Power Puff girls (a t.v. show), Clue Jr., and making paper purses.  I spent much time this weekend playing Clue Jr. with Teagan and Xadia.  It is fun to play with the young kids because they constantly make up rules.
                Jacinda loves to draw almost to the point that she is ignoring her homework.  She is learning how to prioritize.  It seems so obvious to the parents what she should be working on but she has a different agenda.  Tim and I are learning to guide her in a loving way.
                McCabe loves playing with Michael Smith and playing on the computer.  He is doing great in school and loves to have a treat every day.  Well I should clarify, he loves to ask for a treat every day but does not always get one.  Yes, that makes him made and so he goes through a fit and I have to remind him to control his temper.

                Teagan is Tim’s helper.  They like to work on the trailer together.  They fixed the valves and got the water pump to work.  I hope we can use it this summer.  When Teagan is not helping Tim, he is watching Gravity Falls or jumping on the trampoline.  The weather had been nice enough for us to spend a few days in the sandbox.

No comments: