Sunday, October 2, 2016

Sunday, October 2, 2016

     Teagan is becoming quite a good swimmer.  We went to the rec. center this past week and he jumped of the high and low diving boards for the first time and also did the wibbit obstacle course. I am pleased that he is able to do that by himself but it worries me that he might think that he now does not need mom or dad to watch him swim.  Oh the joys of kids growing.

      We got to go to a Bee's game for Tim's work.  While getting our tickets we saw Ronald McDonald.  We could not pass up getting a picture with him.  When Ronald saw Tim/Waldo he said, "hey we shop at the same shirt store."  Tim was a big hit at the game.  So many people kept saying, "there's Waldo."  It was fun to see how many people smiled as Tim walked by them.  I think I married a pretty great guy.



       School has started and the kids are loving it.  Jacinda is in 6th grade and has Mrs. Wiedman.  McCabe is in 4th grade and has Mrs. Peterson.  Xadia is in 1st grade and has Mrs. Buttars.  Teagan is in Pre-school and has Mrs. Chris and Ms. Amy.  The weather has been beautiful and as a result the kids get to walk to school.  I am pleased at how well they are doing in their classes.  Xadia is reading and Jacinda is doing so well at spelling.  McCabe is also excelling in math.  I get to do 1st grade again for the 4th time.  

      McCabe has been taking an interest in cooking.  In this picture he is making fudge.  He is learning that some treats take time and patience.  We had to use the candy thermometer to make sure it reaches the right temperature before we could add the chocolate and the butter.  The batch turned out fantastic and for the next week he kept begging me for a piece of fudge each day he got home from school. 

      Here we are at the annual Tech Trek to raise money for the kid's school.  They got to run laps.  Xadia ran 27 laps, McCabe 32, and Jacinda 13.  I am so proud at how well they did.  Jacinda also worked at the snow cone station with her friend Brooklyn Thompson.  I also did some laps and got to enter my name into a drawing.  I won one of the prizes, a free massage.  I will be using that gift certificate some time in the very near future.






No comments: