Sunday, June 23, 2013

Sunday, June 23, 2013

No doubt we are having summer fun.  The weather has been beautiful…not too hot and not too cold.  We got a slip and slide and the kids were so excited to try it.  The temperature was in the low sixties but that did not stop them.  They played until the lawn was saturated.  Once they were done with the slip and slide it was off to the sandbox.  Tim built a really neat 6’ x 6’ sandbox.  While it was being built, McCabe was complaining that it was too small; however, 5 kids were happily playing in it the other day.  I need to mention that McCabe was one of those kids.  So needless to say, if I don’t have water on my floors then I have sand.  I have to clean my floors 2 to 3 times a day.
The summer also brings hungry kids.  It seems like my kids are eating more.  Thank goodness fruits are in season.  Every time they ask for food I lead them to the crisper.  There is always an apple or an orange waiting.

I had an amazing experience yesterday.  We went shopping at Costco and while at the bread section I was overcome with excitement and became speechless.  I tried to get Tim’s attention while rounding up the kids.  Immediately I got the kids and walked them over to brother and sister Uchtdorf.  I stopped elder Uchtdorf and said, “I know you are shopping, but it is not everyday this happens.”  Then I introduced my children to an apostle of God and his lovely wife.  They were both so kind.  They asked what names were of our children and then told us we have a beautiful family.  I got to shake each of their hands and the kids gave them a high five.  Of course neither Tim nor myself had our phones so we could not take a picture.  So all we have is the memory.  It was still very exciting and emotional.  Kinda weird….my eyes almost started tearing because I knew the significance of meeting Elder Uchtdorf.  I could not help but think about God and how much I love Him and He loves me.  It was a great shopping trip.


No comments: