Sunday, April 21, 2013

Sunday, April 21, 2013



     It has been two weeks since my last entry and now it is time for catch up.  Two weeks ago while we were outside fixing our water feature, Xadia was inside giving herself a haircut.  She looked like a little 3-year-old with a mullet.  It was really funny.  I kept laughing because every child has their day as a barber.  What was really funny was following trail of hair down the hall way into my bedroom.  I knew something was happening.  Then when I called Xadia, she came to me with her arms crossed above her head.  I asked her to move her arms but she said, “no.”  I started to laugh as she stood there with her arms covering her head.  At first she looked confused and then hurt.  She started to cry.  I grabbed the camera and took some pictures of her first self hair cut.  Unfortunately she is crying in a lot of them.  These are the good times of being a parent.
    
Xadia's hair on the floor in front of the mirror
     Look closely and you can see the botch job and missing pieces of hair.

     McCabe just lost his second tooth.  He loves that his teeth are falling out because that shows he is getting bigger like the other kids in our neighborhood.  He (along with his sisters) also got a new bike.  They go to ride them yesterday at the Centerville Park.  McCabe was unstoppable.  I have never seen a 6-year-old love to ride a bike like him.  He kept zooming past us as we walked with the stroller.  When it was time to go he had to squeeze in one more lap.  So Tim decided to race McCabe on Jacinda’s bike while Jacinda stood on the back pegs of the bike.  To make a long story short, McCabe won and Tim was feeling the burn in his legs as he was trailing McCabe.  Things like this make Tim a good sport and a great dad.
Teagan is getting closer to walking.  He is standing on his own and has taken 2 steps.  He is so cute.  He is developing little characteristics.  I love it when he says, “wow,” or when he smashes his face into a pillow or a pile of blankets.  He is at the perfect height where he can hold himself up and reach for things on the counters.  I often find him crawling around with a hairbrush.
     Tim and I had a beautiful experience yesterday.  Deborah Jean Black was sealed to her husband James Nicholas Hefner.  I loved being in the temple watching the special ceremony and feeling the overwhelming love and spirit.  It is an indescribable experience.  You need to feel it to truly understand.  The bottom line is that there is a Heavenly Father and he loves us beyond mortal comprehension.
       I ran into Kathie Packer the other day.  She informed me that Kate, her daughter, is moving to Farmington.  That made me so happy.  It is kinda weird, I don’t talk to Kate because we are both so busy but it is comforting to know that she is doing well and will be closer to her family.  I am so happy for her.  I feel that way about a lot of people.  Just because I don’t talk to some people on a frequent basis does not mean I don’t think about them.  So remember that when you are reading my blog.  I think about you more than you know and I hope you are having a fantastic day and living a great life.

No comments: