Sunday, July 8, 2012

Sunday, July 8, 2012


As I think about this past week the first thing that enters my mind is Friday morning.  I like to go to zumba.  Debbie Coburn does such a great job teaching but the only thing is that it is at 7:45 am.  This past Friday I woke up and got ready.  The kids were not awake and kept complaining about how tired they were.  I had a very difficult time trying to get them out of bed so I skipped zumba.  It did not make me happy.  In fact, the rest of the day I had to drive kids to a birthday party, help them with their games and learning, make their meals, and do things that a mom is suppose to do.  By the time evening came I was ticked because the one thing I wanted to do the kids would not do but I spent my day serving them.  I sat down with the kids and had a talk about appreciation and sacrifice.  So next time zumba comes around, hopefully they won’t be so tired and have a willing attitude.
                I love the new blender.  We are having a lot of smoothies.  My diet lately consists of bagels and smoothies.  My kids loved it in the beginning but now, they are leery of the smoothies because some of them contain spinach.  It is really funny to watch them.  McCabe and Jacinda are both very fickle.  Sometimes they try it and really like it other times they don’t really care for it.  Xadia seems to like all of them.  Tim likes the blender also.  He learned a valuable lesson….don’t put things in the blender while it is running.  I was trying to crush some graham crackers and they were getting stuck.  I had to make dinner so I let the graham crackers sit in the blender while I made a meal for the family.  Tim decided to help with the graham crackers and stuck a wooden spoon in the blender while it was going.  I did not know about this until I heard a funny noise.  I turned around and Tim is fishing out the broken piece of the spoon.  I just laughed.  What more could I do.  Experience taught him a good lesson.
               
Teagan is now 4 months old.  He is so big.  I am guessing he weighs about 16 pounds.  He has his check up appointment this week.  It is great to see how big he is.  It is unbelievable that I use to worry about him not eating.  For the first few days after his birth he slept a lot and would not eat so I got really concerned. Now it is comical to think about that because he is such a good eater. 

No comments: