Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday, February 5, 2012

It is time to kick off another week. Over the weekend we got to celebrate McCabe’s 5th birthday. We had a fun little party but I tell you what…..that kid has Mario Brothers on the brain. He asks at least 4 or 5 times a day to play the wii. Tonight as I was putting him in bed he was crying because yesterday, when playing Mario Brothers, Jacinda got fire power and he wanted it. It was a kick to watch them play. Jacinda and McCabe do not stand still. They are constantly lifting their legs, jumping, or moving their arms en route with their characters. It kind of reminds me of myself when I played the Nintendo. Tim got the fine opportunity to play with them. One particular level the kids let Tim do all the work while they bubbled themselves to his character. Poor Tim, he kept dying and then to make it worse, McCabe would use his character to pick up Tim’s character and throw him off the ledges so he would die and then laugh about it. I just gladly sat back and played with Xadia.
Last week was New Beginnings for Young Women’s. A young gal, Annie Schmidt said something profound as she talked about the value of good works. I wanted to write it down before I forgot. She said, “if you don’t get up and do a good work, you could be avoiding an answer to someone’s prayer.” I just love that thought. We are told in the scriptures that we are God’s helpers and it is through us that he answers the prayers of others. It makes me think about how important I am especially when I have those days where I am feeling down in the dumps.
In church we had a lesson on the joys of life. One of my joys in life is being a mom. Kids can be the biggest trials but also give me the greatest joy. Today at the breakfast table McCabe made me speechless and left a big smile on my face. Tim was teasing him saying we are not going to feed him anymore so he won’t grow. McCabe said to Tim, “Dad, I have to grow and get big.” “Why,” asks Tim. “So that I can go on a mission,” was McCabe’s reply. I sat there with a huge smile. My son who just turned 5 is realizing the importance of teaching Christ to others. Now that brings me great joy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rightly said Mr. McCabe...your exactly who someone down the road is going to need.