Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday, February 12, 2012

As I think about this past week not much comes to mind. Maybe as I start typing thoughts will occur. I was able to go out with my sisters, Natalie, Roxanne, and Mimi to celebrate Roxanne’s birthday. We ate at the Olive Garden in American Fork and like a scatter brain I forgot to take a picture. But I did enjoy the food and company. My sisters are really fun and crazy. It is amazing how different we are and that we all get along. The funniest part about this get together was that Mimi and Natalie (who were driving together) spent an hour trying to find the restaurant and they were the closest ones to it. It should have only taken them 30 minutes. Roxanne and I waited in the foyer and laughed as we got calls from Natalie asking what exit to take. Then when they get to the restaurant, Natalie finds out that there is a “get directions” button on her ipad. She had been looking at the map the whole time thinking it would be an easy exit off the freeway. It was hilarious and one of those, “gee I look stupid,” moments.

I am now 35 weeks pregnant. I have gained 30 pounds and was going to post a picture but my camera is downstairs and I am too tired and in pain to get it. I have a bundle of nerves in my lower back that constantly feels pressed. I am really looking forward to the epidural and having this baby. So the pain will be alleviated. I also am suffering from sore feet. On the way home from church Tim was saying how it doesn’t matter if we have another one or 10 kids because we already have 3. He says bring them on. I looked at him like he was ridiculous and informed him that there is more to raising kids than just providing food and a home. I also asked if he was planning to stay home and raise the kids while I went and worked. He is just voicing his sadness because this is our last child. Our focus will be on raising children and not having them.

We made valentine cookies today. Without fail McCabe and Xadia will lick the knives. It does not matter how many times I tell them that they cannot lick the frosting off the knives until they are finished with decorating the cookies. So each time I catch them, I make them get a new knife. Sure enough Mac had to get another knife and Xadia, well I lost count with her.

Today the secret got out. Jacinda told Tim that she will wear the same pair of socks many days in a row. Now I know why her feet stink. I could not understand why a 7-year-old had such rank smelling feet….well now I know. So we had a little talk about the importance of changing our socks daily and how that shows Heavenly Father that we take care of our bodies. Her response was, “I did not know.” No problem child. That is why you are here on this earth…to learn and we (Tim and I) are trying our best to teach you.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha...one too many days on the socks. Sorry for your nose!

I feel your pain literally on the pregnancy..you've got me beat but a couple weeks. I totally agree raising them is hard work but worth it most days;) Hang in there! Can't wait to see that beautiful baby boy. Thought of a name yet? We are still nameless