Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Another week gets to start and I am so excited. I have a lot going on. I will attempt to make a spinach strawberry salad for a luncheon with my visiting teaching ladies. Tae Kwondo two times this week for the kids. I also have a doctor’s appointment for my 37 week check up. We will see if I am dilated and how close I am to having a baby. Physically and mentally I am ready to have this boy. I am tired of the back pain and muscle soreness. But I guess it will happen all in due time. We also have cub scouts because Tim is the cub master. He does a great job. He blends in with those boys….and I mean that in a good way. I hope to go on a date with Tim sometime this week and then Saturday, Tim has a massage. As a birthday present, we (as a family) gave him a massage every Saturday during the entire month of March.

This past week went fast. Every waking minute McCabe is talking about playing Mario Brothers and if I want freezing or fire power and who do I want as a character. He prefers to be Mario and me the blue mushroom. I can only handle about 30 minutes before I am done playing because we play the same 3 levels over and over. When Jacinda, Tim, and McCabe play, they enter new worlds and I laugh because McCabe just bubbles his way through the level while Tim and Jacinda try to clear it. Playing the wii with the kids can be hard because they like to boss us around. They also tend to jump and move with their character so often times I have to ask them to move so I can see the t.v.

Jacinda is a real sweetheart. She is trying so hard to help me with the kids. The other day McCabe was really upset because I would not let him play the wii. Jacinda decided to do a treasure hunt so that he would be happy. She made the clues and hid them. She even used her valentine’s candy as the treasure. She wanted to do this so that McCabe would not feel “crummy.” I like how observant she is and how she takes action. That is a very good quality.

Xadia is a roller coaster. Some days she is sweet other days she cries the whole time because she does not get her way. I try to accommodate as much as possible without making her rotten. Every morning when she wakes up she asks for dad and t.v. She likes to watch the leap frog movies. At least she is learning. It is fun to listen to her count or say the alphabet with the cartoon characters. The other day she wanted to help me do the laundry. I was trying to teach her to put the fabric softener in the correct place in the washing machine. She was a little too anxious and poured it too quickly. Quite a bit splashed up into my right eye. It burned like crazy. I ran to the sink and started flushing my eye. It took a few moments, but the pain started to go away. My eye was bright red and extremely irritated. I so badly wanted to cry to cleanse the eyeball but at the same time I did not want Xadia to see that she had hurt me. It was an awkward moment. So I ran to an empty room and started crying. I was praying that no damage was done to my vision. My eye is great and so is Xadia. I hope that never happens again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mario, and Tantrums and a helpful (but mine is emotional) older sister all ring a bell. Good luck the next couple of weeks! I'm right behind you cheering you on all the way!