Friday, March 25, 2011

March 25, 2011

So Tim was out of town and that means a green light for projects because he cannot tell me "no." Last time he was out of town, I popped up the tile and lath in the bathroom. This time it was re-doing the wood floors. It took 5 sandings, 4 coats of polyurethane, and 4 trips to Home Depot. It took a lot longer than expected. I had to put Xadia in the back pack while I sanded. Tim did find out about the surprise while he was away because every time he called I was working on it. He was not very happy with me and he told me to not put on the clear coat until he got home. He wanted to make sure it went on consistently. I did wait. We finished the floor together. After I put on the first coat he said the floor looked great and not to listen to him. That was the best apology and compliment I could have received for all the hard work. I sure love that guy.

No comments: