Sunday, April 17, 2011

Sunday, April 17, 2011


It seems like the days just merge into the same routine. However, this week there were some variances. I got a phone call from Sara Mumford. It has been years since I heard from her. She found my house by using her deductive skills. Using information from my blog and the pictures from the news. I was pegged. It was fun to get the note she left on my doorstep. I was not home because we were in California. I can rarely think of anything better than hearing the voice of an old friend.

Speaking of old friends, Tim and I were on a date and we went to Iggy’s. When we walked into the restaurant, we were greeted by my childhood friend Natalie Hopkins LaMar and her family. They were kind enough to let us sit with their family. It was so much fun catching up with everyone. Friendships are so important. I now consider the only thing better than hearing the voice of an old friend is seeing one.

Saturday the kids did an egg dive at the Recreation Center. They had such a good time swimming for plastic eggs and then playing the Easter games. They got candy, and more candy, and then sno-cones. So much sugar is going into their little bodies. This month seems to be a never ending one of candy. I do need to mention what Jacinda said about Easter. According to her, Easter is important (in this particular order) for the candy, Jesus, and the eggs. I had to write that down so she can read it in 20 years and laugh.

I love Sundays that are so spiritually rich. Today I had the opportunity to hear from a missionary who is serving in the Bountiful area but is from Slovania. His words were so simply but so powerful. I loved the part of his talk when he said he sincerely asked the Lord….are you there, is there more to life after I die and not just become a pile of ash, and are you my father? The spirit strongly touched me. I am so thankful for his words and the knowledge that Heavenly Father loves each one of his children. He is there we just need to sincerely ask Him and He will reply.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Easter Egg dive!! That's one I want to do. Where there Jelly Beans inside too?