Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday, March 13, 2011






Tuesday, March 2, we had a huge surprise. I was up in my bathroom and the rest of the family was downstairs putting away food storage. Suddenly I heard a loud noise, the room shook, and the lights flickered. I thought a food shelf had fallen. I ran down 2 flights of stairs screaming…”is everyone alright?” When I reached the basement Tim and the kids were busy putting away food. He had not heard the noise but saw the lights flicker. “There was a noise too loud to ignore, something big happened,” I told Tim. He got the flashlight and went to check it out. When he opened the door to the garage he saw dust in the air and debris on the floor. He also noticed a big hole in the side of the wall. I was mortified. There was a boulder the size of a washing machine in our garage. It came off someone’s property bounced across Skyline Drive and rolled down our hill into our garage. It did about $50,000 worth of damage. Now we are trying to get some safety measures put on the above property along with something on Skyline Drive. We are having a hard time because no one wants to take responsibility. However, insurance is being really good to us. At least that is working in our behalf.

No comments: