Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ok so it has been forever since I last wrote on my blog but I have a good excuse….moving is time consuming. I feel like we are all moved in and on a schedule. However, yesterday was my birthday and since my battle with cancer birthdays are soooooooo special to me. (Thanks to all those who wished me a happy birthday.) It started with flowers and cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Then it was off to a well needed massage and then surprised with a box of mindy mints from Mrs. Cavanaugh’s chocolates (yummy!). The kids were begging me to open the box of chocolates in the car on the way home from the massage. They totally wanted to devour my birthday present. Ok I did cave because part of having a great birthday is sharing with others.

The afternoon was filled with work. I finished painting the cabinets and then helped Tim and the kids paint the columns in the front. I love the kids willingness to help but I had to scrape off their work and re-do it. They had globs of paint dripping down the columns onto the porch. What should have taken 30 minutes turned into 60 minutes (love it!!!). We finished just in time to hear conference. Wow!! I love the messages given. They are so needed. However, I must admit I feel overwhelmed as a parent because I have a huge responsibility to teach my children the gospel and raise them in love. I admit I get short with them but I need to stay focus. I am glad Heavenly Father has the apostles speak to remind me of my sacred duty as a mother.
I love being in Utah because the fall season is bringing gorgeous colors to the moutains. The mountains are filled with red, orange, and yellow leaves. It is absolutely beautiful. I will get a picture and post it. We do a lot of hikes. Jacinda and McCabe like to find a walking stick and look at everything on the trail. Jacinda is really good at spotting snakes. Today she saw one taking a nap in a dry creek bed.

Jacinda is getting really big. This year she will be six. She loves kindergarten and is very creative. Her latest kick is making octopus hands and rock drawings. In fact we went to a missionary re-union to see some of the elders we previously housed in Washington. Left to her own devices, Jacinda made 2 gifts and gave the rock drawing to Kelly Kemp and the octopus hand (filled with cotton balls) to Oakley Nelson. Both boys were very generous and thanked Jacinda for their gifts. She was beaming.
Picture rock (has a frog catching a fly with its tongue) and octopus hand done by Jacinda
(She likes it....she really likes it! Just a little blast from the past with the life cereal commericials)

Xadia is getting really close to walking. She will stand for a few seconds and then fall. It is very typical for her to pull herself up and hold the cabinets as she walks. Next Sunday is her first birthday. She is a cutie.

My happy Xadia

2 comments:

Leslie said...

i THINK i saw you from afar at the stake center for the women's conference broadcast. i didn't know you had moved back until a few days ago when kerianne told me.

i couldn't imagine that it was really you, so i assumed it was a look a like and didn't come to say hi. :)

welcome back!!!

Unknown said...

So happy that you had a great birthday! You were thought of a lot that day because I also thought baby would come out that day but decided not to. The kids are so cute. Julia misses Xaida so much and was so happy to see her smiling face in the picture you posted. We love and miss yaw!