Sunday, October 18, 2009

Sunday, October 18, 2009

We have a new arrival…..Xadia Christine Fisher.





Everything went really smoothly….it only took two contractions and a few pushes and she was here. She was born, Saturday, October 10, 2009 at 11:25 am. Weighing 8 lbs 7 oz and 21.75 inches. She is a joy to have. I am not getting much sleep at the moment but it is all worth it. Her siblings are very excited to have her at the home. Jacinda is a very big help. In fact, Jacinda will want to feed her, change her diapers and hold her every chance she gets. McCabe loves being a big brother but I have to watch him closely because he doesn’t understand that Xadia is fragile (aka breakable). McCabe will shove the bottle in her mouth or try to touch her eyes when they are open.



A few people have asked how we came up with the name of Xadia. Here is the story. I chose a few names and presented them to Tim. He did not like any of them. So he came up with a list and I liked the name “Zada.” I later discovered it was Arabic meaning fortunate or lucky. I thought that was perfect because I felt extremely fortunate that I was able to have a baby considering my body went through a beating with chemo and radiation last year. However, I thought that adding the “ia” ending sounded more feminine. Tim agreed and suggested we spell it with an “X.” I was delighted that we agreed on a name. So spelling it with an “X” was fine by me.





A couple of random things that will make great memories…. Jacinda told me the other day that she wants to be a fire fighter and a barrette maker when she grows up. As for McCabe, he wants to be a mommy. Saturday morning our family went out for some exercise. I walked, Tim jogged and the kids rode their bikes. It started to rain so Jacinda stopped her bike and said a prayer that it would stop raining. She later told me and I was so pleased that she knows there is a God to whom she can talk to at any time.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your honesty--not getting much sleep right now! Pretty name. Congrats on your arrival. Robin had a baby boy I believe on Monday one day they'll have to meet! It'd also be fun for us all to get together and play ball 2! Geez that seems so long ago.

Just Me said...

Thanks for posting pictures! Precious!!! Loved hearing the story about your daughter's name. Congratulations on you latest miracle :).

reesespeanutbuttercups said...

She is beautiful and has come to a wonderful family:) Congrats you guys! Love, The Rees'

Jill said...

Congratulations Fisher family! We are so happy for you and glad to hear of her arrival. I love the name too! I think having "X" for an initial is awesome; even cooler when there's a great story behind it. Here's hoping you get some sleep sooner rather than later!

Natalie said...

congrats!!! She is adorable. I just want to squeeze her little cheeks....

Joan said...

Congrats on a beautiful new daughter! I was so out of the loop that I didn't know Xadia had arrived until yesterday when Sheila told me.
Note: you don't sleep when they are teenagers either. Enjoy your sleeping years from when they are about 6 through 11! lol Joan