Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday, November 9, 2009


Bright eyed Xadia!


Happy halloween with an I love you sign from Jacinda.


Bike riding in the park.


Posing for a picture at the park.


Precious little gift from God.

I love being a mom of three kids. I just accomplished my first big challenge…..going to the store with 3 kids. Sure bribery was part of the trip but I had no stray children or tantrums in the aisles! I am getting some sleep. Some nights are better than others. Xadia wakes up around 1:00 and 4:00 a.m. for feedings. She is now 4 weeks old and starting to fill out. The kids absolutely love her. They always ask to hold her or kiss her head when I am rocking her.

I almost lost my wits the other day because the kids want to help take care of Xadia. I was loading the dishwasher and Xadia was quietly resting in her swing. After a moment, I heard her fussing. To my astonishment McCabe was carrying Xadia over to me. I gasped and ran over to assist McCabe. After the incident I had a little talk with McCabe. I had to break it to him that he cannot pick up Xadia without mom’s or dad’s help. He had a melt down and started crying. Ohhhh the joys of being a mother and having a determined little helper.

I had an oncology appointment Thursday. Taking the whole family was comical especially when waiting in the exam room. The kids wanted to blow up the latex gloves, or put the colored bandages on their arms, or climb on the exam table. In short they wanted to do everything they were not supposed to do. I don’t even know why we brought coloring books for them. The doctor said everything looks good. I am 1.5 years in remission. Once I hit the 2 year mark it is very unlikely (3% chance) that the cancer will come back (YES!!).

McCabe is cracking me up! He is at a fun age. He likes to walk around the house singing, “hot crossed buns, hot crossed buns, one a penny two a penny hot crossed buns.” Every so often he will sing his own version such as… “hot crossed buns, I like momma’s buns,” and then end with a huge gut laugh. My boy is so silly. He is spending too much time around his dad. In fact he tells us he wants to go on a mission and be a “missionmary.” When asked where he wants to serve, he says, “pillapeens” (aka Philippines just like his dad).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My kids love "helping" me with the baby. At least she can move on her own now, she doesn't seem as breakable as she did when she was Xadia's age. You'll almost blink your eyes and wonder where that moment went. #3 goes by even faster then the first 2.