Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday, September 7, 2008

This past week was busy. First off, Jacinda burned her chin on a tray of rolls. She was so curious to see them but got too close. Well it is nothing a band-aid can't fix right? Then McCabe accidentally head butts her in the nose. There was no blood just pain. Once again it is something a band-aid can fix. So after applying the band-aids I had to get a picture. I am surprised I could hold the camera still while laughing.


(Future beauty queen here!!)



Jacinda also had her first day of pre-school this past week. She loves school. The first picture is her before school; the second picture is Jacinda displaying her hat she made in school. I hope she never loses her zest for learning. She is still asking for homework. At the moment, she is learning her letters. I hope she can spell her name by the end of the school year. I don't think this is a huge expectation right? You seasoned parents will need to let me know.

One item I should mention, Jacinda does not have separation issues. She went like a champ to pre-school that first day. Now McCabe, we are working with him. Though he is only 19 months nursery is a little tough for him. He cries every time the door opens and closes. He also gets so tired even though he takes a 2 hour nap before church. I don't know how long this will last but I know it will end all too soon.




Today was a special day. Tim was ordained a high priest by Dennis Barkley (next to Tim in the picture) and set apart as second counselor to the bishop. I am very proud of him. He is a hard worker yet is well balanced with a great personality (fantastic features) and an incredible amount of spirituality. He is going to do a fantastic job.

I learned how to can this past week and I love it. My first project was peaches. It was so exciting. (Pretty sad when canning gets me enthused.) I am canning raspberry jam Thursday and hopefully get to do apple pie filling over the weekend. Canning rocks and it is the season. I guess I have the domestic bug!!

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love canning. I loves seeing all those jars sitting there. It makes me feel accomplished. I also really like food storage. Don't know why, but it excites me. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Lacey said...

Wow first day of preschool huh? She is so sweet. Best wishes to Tim with his new calling, he will do a wonderful job. I hope this doesnt' mess up us getting to see you guys over Thanksgiving, lol! Grady gets tired at church too, even with a nap first. He is 20 months and still takes two naps, I just can't quite get him down to one, with out him getting real grouchy. BTW-we went to Cabo San Lucas on our cruise. We will have to tell you guys all about it sometime.

Costner Family said...

How fun!! Sasha your kids are so sweet!! It was a pleasure to have them help up "move" this past weekend! Thanks for allowing your family to help mine!!

Jill said...

I'm canning peaches RIGHT NOW! Just taking a break while a batch processes. I also did raspberry freezer jam earlier this year and we are loving it! I froze a bunch of berries and peaches, too, and I love opening my freezer and seeing all that beautiful fruit that I can eat all winter!

Marisa May said...

I like canning too, except by this time I am ready to be done with it and get some order back into my kitchen. I have an extra pressure canner if you need one, by the way!

Your kids are adorable. Love the bandaids.

Steve said...

Hah.... I knew that Tim would be going to the Bishopric soon... You're a good man Charlie Brown!!