Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday, September 14, 2008


Jacinda and McCabe eating a cookie on the deck, chatting, and looking at the birds.

I am glad this week is over for busy sake. However I had some incredible experiences. First off my kids are....well I am at a loss of words. They have this magical charisma about them that makes me constantly smile. First off, Jacinda impresses me with the things she says and what she picks up on while overhearing a conversation. She is asking a lot of questions. The other day while watching Legacy, Tim pointed out early saint missionaries. She asked, "where are there name tags?" Jacinda is much smarter than I ever expected a 3-year-old to be, and McCabe is at a wonderful stage in life. He is absorbing everything and making connections and expressing who he is. Lately he is big into saying bike ("bi") and spider ("spi"). His reactions are full of excitement and shrill (a lot like his mother).

We like to take full advantage of the good weather. One of our favorite past times is to feed the ducks at the lake. McCabe gets so excited and then overwhelmed. By the end of the feeding he is clinging to my legs trying to kick away all the ducks.





The second incredible experience this past week was realizing that I am a spiritual being having a mortal experience, not a mortal having spiritual experiences. I have heard this pearl of wisdom in the past but never really cemented it in my mind until yesterday.

So what does this pearl of wisdom mean to me? I will tell you. I will go through this life encountering social pressures, physical ailments, financial ups and downs and other occurrences that will try to throw my character. However one fact remains, I was a spirit before this life and when I die that same spirit will separate from my body and continue to live on with other spirits. Having this knowledge makes me realize that there needs to be a strong emphasis on developing, cultivating, and perfecting the spirit rather than mortal issues. Yes I believe there should be a fine balance of living in the world also, but sometimes too much emphasis is placed on being of the world (i.e. having a fast car, being beautiful, making lots of money, etc…). I am grateful for the perspective of being a spiritual daughter and recognizing that the “work and the glory (of God) is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.” Moses 1:39

I must never forget that I am a child of God!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

very insightful. thank you for your words of wisdom. it is amazing the experiences we have that continue to teach us these truths.
i hope you are doing well.

boylingivylilac said...

Thanks for the post Sasha. I love reading about your children. I would love to see you with them someday.

xoxoxoo
em

Laurie said...

Nice post, thanks Sasha. You always bring good reminders. Your family is darling.

brianabingham said...

I love the picture of them on the deck, so cute!