Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sunday, June 22, 2008




I know it has been a while since my last posting. Last week was very busy with the in-laws in town. It was great. We celebrated Ashley's (my niece) high school graduation. Then it was time for some adventure as we explored Ape cave with the children. On average, the cave is 42 degrees so we had to dress really warm. In fact there was snow near the entrance. After our cave expedition we played zoolaretto and reminisced and laughed about our childhoods. It was great having the family at the house.

Only 6 more radiation treatments and then I am finished. I am having difficulty swallowing. That is a bummer because I like to eat and now eating is not fun. It is really difficult to swallow meat. It feels like I just had my tonsils out again. I had those taken out when I was 21 and it took a long time to recover from the cauterizing. Well that radiation is burning my throat. However, it will go away once treatment is finished.

I hope all you fathers had a great father's day. Tim got a tracking of his priesthood lineage and of course a tie with some yummy caramel popcorn.

3 comments:

JuLene said...

Sasha,
I'm glad that you only have 6 more treatments. I hope you are doing well. I miss you and your laugh. You have a beautiful family. Hang in there you are in my prayers.

Love ya!

Love
JuLene

Leslie said...

you are in my prayers. you are strong.

Unknown said...

Sorry I haven't commented in awhile. Its sounds like it was a good fathers' day but most important that you have very few days left of radiation. That is wonderful and the best news and I am so astounished by your shear will, courage and positive attitude. Love Ya!