Sunday, February 17, 2008

Hair Today Gone Tomorrow

You have all been so wonderful. I am now on the upswing of the chemo side effects. Yes I still hurt somewhat but my new best friend is motrin. My third chemo treatment is Wednesday. I am scared because I hate the side effects, however, my sister Mimi is coming for a few days to help with the kids (I can't thank her enough). I have learned that I cannot handle things all by myself. I am really appreciating all the help especially with watching my kids. Last Friday I had the kids to myself the entire day. I was so worn out by the afternoon, that I had to put McCabe in his crib (though he was not tired) and Jacinda got to watch 2 movies. McCabe eventually cried himself to sleep and I got a 45 minute nap. When I woke, Jacinda was not watching the movie. She was downstairs playing. She pointed out that a package had come while I was asleep. Being the big girl she is, she had opened the door and accepted it from some fed ex person. I learned that next time engage the safety chain on the door before napping.

Here is a picture of my new hairdo.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! But seriously, you are absolutely breaking my heart!! I have another friend that went through chemo and lost all of her hair, etc. She is now in remission, hair has grown back (darker and curlier than before), etc. So, I hope that will be you soon .. new hair .. and just a bad memory of the chemo days. You can do it!! If you need to come to Utah to go to the Huntsman cancer institute, you have a place to stay here. Also, please put me on your schedule of people who can come out and stay with you and help with the kids when you have a treatment. I'd probably bring my son with me, but I'd be happy to come out for a week or so and spoil you and your fam as best I can when you need me. Just let me know ahead of time when that might be so I can start watching airfare. But yes, feel free to schedule me in when you need me. Until then, lots and lots of virtual hugs and love!!!! Love you guys!!!! - Bonnie Dimond

liz said...

We feel so bad that we can't do more to help you out. I wish we were closer. We pray for you everyday and have put your name in the temple. We know you can get through this. We love you! Keep up the fight!!

Anonymous said...

CRAZY!!!If you cover your mouth and chin, you look just like mom!!!!!!!

Luis, Merry & family said...

I love that picture! You can pull off that look a little better then Tim can:) We love you and pray for you. Your experience made me get a lump on my leg looked at that I have been ignoring for awhile. I am having surgery on Thursday. They aren't sure what it is. Thank you for sharing:)

Lacey said...

Beautiful! I mean it, you look amazing! Oh I wish so much that we were closer and I would LOVE to have the kids anytime and all the time. Not much we can do all the way in New Mexico except pray and tell you how much we love you guys and wish we could help out. If Tim ever wants to hop on a plane with the kids and head this way to give you some time we would love to have them, and he could leave the kids for as long as you need. I don't know we may even keep them, they are so stinkin cute! LOL! love you guys!

Marisa May said...

You should have called me on Friday! Or I should have called you. I was worried about you having them all day. Good luck today with your chemo treatment. I'm glad your sister will be here for you--sisters are the best!