Sunday, July 8, 2018

Monday, June 25, 2018


Life is really good right now.  I love my family and the joy they bring.  Summer is always so fun because we get to spend time together in the evenings.  We have been busy planting flowers and making our yard beautiful.  We recently planted some foxglove, dianthus, daisies, and veronica.  In 2 years the yard is just going to be gorgeous and full of color.  Xadia was my little helper as we planted over 42 plants and weeded the rock wall.  Tim was the bomb planting the dianthus near the house.  Oh I love the vibrant color of the dianthus.
It has been really hot.  Teagan got a little inflatable pool and uses it every day.  He loves to run around the yard and then jump in the pool.  I like to sit outside and watch as I listen to the waterfall.  


The other kids are usually inside playing the computer or doing something else.  Xadia has started making cardboard candy machines.  It is a simple structure with a slide opening that allows M&M’s or skittles to fall out.  Jacinda and McCabe have both taken a liking to baking/cooking.  Yesterday I came home from work and McCabe was cooking steak.  The day before that, Jacinda had made some chocolate Rolo cookies.  I am quite pleased with their ambitions.
Yesterday I celebrated my one-year work anniversary.  My co-workers took me to lunch.  We went to the Desert Edge.  I had a veggie and turkey sandwich with pasta.  It was so yummy.  Tim just moved his office home.  It is interesting to see what the future holds for his job.  We are expecting him to be riffed the beginning of August.  At times I get a little anxiety thinking about him not having a job.  The rest of the time I leave it in God’s hands.  
At the moment, we are all pre-occupied with our California beach trip.  This is our time to see Tim’s side of the family.  The kids are excited to see their cousins.  I’m excited to sleep in the sand next to the ocean.  McCabe is excited to go fishing and Tim is excited to be near the water.  Sometimes getting ready for a trip can be stressful.  McCabe says he need new cowboy boost to wear on the fishing boat (what????).  Xadia needs a swim shirt.  I need to plan for food since we are camping.  At the moment, I don’t want to think about it.  I will just pack the day before and take it as it comes.  That is all the energy I have.

No comments: