Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sunday, December 10, 2017

     My heart is breaking.  My dad is really sick and it is so hard to see him bed bound.  It is a repeat of my mom.  The last year of her life she was confined to her bed.  My dad is confined to his bed as he deals with brain tumors, blood clots, sepsis, a bladder infection, prostate cancer, and edema.  I was able to visit him during thanksgiving along with Mimi's family.  I got a few moments to talk with dad.  I recorded my conversation.  The room was dark because dad does not like the lights.  He wants to sleep and rest.  I am grateful for his responses to my questions.  I will cherish his answers.

     We are gearing up for the holidays.  As a child, I hated Christmas.  We were poor.  It was a big disappointment to get one present and it was usually a shirt or something that I really needed.  As an adult I love Christmas.  I am trying to teach my kids the true meaning Christmas.  Today was one of those lessons.  Tim has a co-worker who is going through a divorce.  He has 5 kids ages 5 through 14.  We went though all our Christmas decorations and boxed up all the items that were not broken.  We also made some coconut balls, chocolate dipped pretzels and strawberries.  With the boxed decorations and the home made goodies, we surprised his co-worker and made his house a bit more Christmasy.  I am so grateful we have enough to share with others.  I am grateful for the love we have the opportunity to share with others.  God is good.

No comments: