Sunday, May 14, 2017

Sunday, May 14, 2017

                Mother’s Day is such a great day.  I love honoring mothers everywhere.  A mother is more than a DNA attachment.  It’s someone who is very loving and kind.  Compassionate and caring who extends a helping hand.   I got a lot of adoration from my children today.  I have to admit, among all the gifts they give, I love homemade cards the best because they put their special touch and own thoughts into it.  And from Tim, I love it when he makes the meal.  He made breakfast burritos with cheese and Canadian bacon.
                We had a lovely dinner tonight with nana Hefner, Leslie Hefner (Jim’s first wife), and Larry Haugen (a friend of Deb).  We had pork roast, mashed potatoes, Jell-o pretzel salad, homemade rolls, green salad, and cooked carrots and onions.  Then for dessert; peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream.   It was fun to visit and watch funny videos.  We then gave the moms chocolate dipped strawberries, which the kids made and chocolate dipped mint Oreos.

                Last Sunday the kids walked home from church while Tim and I stayed for choir practice.  When we arrived home, Jacinda was cooking.  McCabe was eating and Xadia was making an outfit for Teagan out of recyclable items.  I had to take a picture to capture the moment.  This is my life.  The kids give me purpose and keep me busy.

                Teagan loves to dress like a pirate since he got this new pirate vest from pre-school.  He also loves to ride his bike and wear his helmet.


                The month of May gets very busy.  McCabe had a recorder performance.   He received a certificate for getting his black belt in recorder playing.  I love recording his performance because he tries to play it cool as I film him.  I can’t help but get so excited for him.  I love watching my kids.  


No comments: