Sunday, March 22, 2015

Sunday, March 22, 2015

      Let me catch up with all that has happened.  We recently passed the 11 year anniversary of my mom's passing.  She is missed and I feel so bad that none of my children got to meet her on earth.  I have such good memories of time spent with my grandma.  I wish my kids could have the same memories.  Oh well.....such is life.
      March 7th, was Teagan's birthday and the 9th was Tim's birthday.  We celebrated by going to Texas Roadhouse with Nana Hefner and Dan.  I love having Deb and Dan in our lives.  Even though my mom is gone, Deb does a great job of loving my kids like a grandmother and that means so much to me and my children.  Dan is also very giving to my children.  I thank God daily for good people like them.
     The weather has been so beautiful and we are taking advantage of that.  Tim and McCabe made a white trash fire ring.  They took apart a washing machine and used the drum as a fire ring.  I love seeing dad and son working together.  The girls and I did yard work.  Now my irises and lilies can grow without dead leaves barreling down on them.  We also put out some hanging baskets with hydrangeas and ferns.  I just love spring and seeing all the blooming flowers.  It is so beautiful.  I live in such an amazing place.  God did a good job with this earth.
     The kids are growing so fast.  I am very pleased with how they are learning.  Jacinda is getting better with her spelling and becoming more independent with her homework.  She loves to draw and likes to follow Katie's (her cousin) example of being artistic.  If Katie gets markers, Jacinda wants markers.  If Katie gets clay, Jacinda wants clay.  This a time of discovery and a time to hear, "no," a little more than she wants.  Sorry girl, I can't get you everything.
      McCabe is all about asking about nutrients in food.  "Mom, what does vitamin C do?"  He constantly asks what foods do to our bodies.  It is a good thing I studied dietetics.  He is also working on his 6-pack because some of the 2nd grade boys have formed a 6-pack club.  Just the other day he showed me his little 6-pack.  I don't what is in store but if he is only 8 and starting this, I think I am going to be in trouble when he is a teen.
      Xadia and Teagan are both in swim lessons.  They love swimming.  during their class there is a water aerobics class that is happening in the next pool a few feet over.  Teagan just stares at the instructor because she is dancing on the edge of the pool.  It is so funny.  I think he is trying to process what is happening. 
      Xadia is getting ready for kindergarten.  We just go her signed up.  I can't believe how big she is getting.  I love seeing my babies grow.

No comments: