Sunday, March 1, 2015

Sunday, March 1, 2015

We had such a crazy wonderful weekend.  McCabe got baptized.  His baptism was incredible.  Jacinda gave a great talk on the holy ghost….see below.
“I am proud of you, McCabe for making the decision to get baptized.  I am going to give a talk on the Holy Ghost.  Now that you are baptized, you will be confirmed.  Dad will place his hands on your head and through the power of the Melchezediek priesthood you will receive the Holy Ghost.  The Holy Ghost will be a guide and a teacher. As the scriptures say, the Holy Ghost will bring all things to your remembrance and help you make decisions.  We saw an example of this the day Xadia drowned.  Good thing Dad had the promptings of the Holy Ghost to check on her and immediately pulled her unconscious body from the pool.  The Holy Ghost guided dad to do CPR differently on her because she was only 2 ½ years old and dad had only learned how to do CPR on an adult.  Because of the Holy Ghost, dad was guided to check on Xadia and was able to modify the CPR he had learned.  Because of the Holy Ghost, Xadia is alive today.
The Holy Ghost is also a comforter.  When mom was diagnosed with cancer, she was very scared and frightened because her mom and our grandma had died from cancer and mom thought she might not get to raise me and you.  You were only 10 months old.  Mom did a lot of praying and had a lot of priesthood blessings.  The Holy Ghost gave her comfort and peace.  She knew that everything would turn out ok and it did.  The Holy Ghost gave her the comfort and strength she needed to continue here on earth.
The Holy Ghost is also a witness.  He testifies of truths.  When I was younger I remember sitting in fast and testimony meeting and seeing people cry when they talked into the microphone.  I asked mom why they were crying and she said because the Holy Ghost is testifying to them that what they are saying is true.  The Holy Ghost will help us know right from wrong, truth from lies.
I am so thankful that Heavenly Father gives us the gift of the Holy Ghost.  He is truly a loving Father.  I am grateful that I got baptized and received the Holy Ghost.  I try hard each day to listen to its promptings and I hope you do the same McCabe.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.”
                There were so many people at the baptism.  The room was full and some people could not make it because of the weather.  Grandma and Grandpa Butterfield got to Parowan and had to turn around because the snow was so bad.  Papa Nalder could not make it because he is still recovering from the flu.  We did get to have Chris and Tricia and family.  That was a blast.  We had so much fun playing at the house, in the snow, and swimming.  We also got to attend the ward chili cook off and talent show.  I had the opportunity to sing with Stormy Goddard, “California Dreamin,” by the Mamas and the Papas.  It was so much fun, we even dressed the part.




                 Now the weekend is over and we are starting to get ready for the upcoming week.  My kids are so sad that their cousins are gone.  McCabe cried a little after they left.  He asked when we will see them again.  He still wants to play. 
                I also wanted to add the Baptismal talk given for McCabe in this posting.  It was given by me, his mom.  See below.
The day you were born your dad and I felt an indescribable joy.  As the nurse put you in my arms, the first words I ever said to you were, “I am your mama.”  I was so elated that my McCabe was there in my arms.  It was an extremely happy day.
What would it have been like to watch Jesus being baptized? The New Testament tells us about what happened that holy day.
“Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him.
“And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
“And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased” (Matthew 3:13, 16–17).
On the special day when you are baptized and confirmed, you are following Jesus Christ. You become like a new person and those feelings of indescribable joy felt at your birth return.
 McCabe, you are making an important decision as you get baptized.  You are choosing to promise and to always remember and follow Jesus Christ, you are become a member of His Church, you receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and you become completely clean.
McCabe, I love you very much.  I am your mama, but you are on loan to me from your Heavenly Father.  Our goal is to return to our Heavenly Father so we can live forever with Him as an eternal family.  I am happy with your decision to get baptized. 

Our Heavenly Father is very happy with you. Baptism opens the gate to the path that leads us back to Heavenly Father.”


No comments: