Sunday, May 4, 2014

Sunday, May 4, 2014

      So many things have happened during the past few weeks.  Tim tore his meniscus tendon and had to get surgery.  He is recovering nicely.  He is so excited to get exercising again.  

     Jacinda, McCabe, and Xadia are gearing up for summer by doing arts and crafts and posting them on YouTube.  The first video had so much background noise, I had to narrate over the video.  These videos are intended to help create, innovate, and motivate kids.  The website is https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeYO9klDEUwOJ5SI4wfn9_w/feed?view_as=public  I hope we get a lot of viewers.  If not, at least the kids will have a good time making things and we will have a video journal of the kids.
      Teagan is getting to be at that stage where all he says is, "no" or "treat."  It is very hard to reason with a 2-year-old.  Hopefully he will grow out of this stage quickly.
      As for me, I just celebrated my 6-year anniversary of no chemo.  April 30, 2008 was my last chemo treatment.  Looking back I cannot believe I had cancer.  I do not have any side effects (thank goodness) from my treatments.  Hopefully I will never had any side effects.  My biggest fear is getting a secondary cancer from the radiation treatment.  However, that will not manifest until 15-20 years down the road.  Until then I am trying to take really good of my health.

No comments: