Sunday, September 8, 2013

Sunday, September 8, 2013

     I thought life would get easier as the kids were in school, however, there are still things that fill up my days.  This past week Michael and Candi Hochsettler stayed with us while their car got fixed.  They were traveling from Washington to Texas when their car broke down in Provo.  It was a little crazy having a house full of people.  Cute little Zayden, who is just 6 weeks younger than Teagan kept biting him.   Poor Teagan has 3 bite marks on his body.  They look like little tattoos.  My one fear is that Teagan will start biting also but fortunately he has not.
         Last Sunday we ate at Matt and Mimi (my sister) Johnson’s house.  It was so much fun to visit and watch the cousins play.  Her boys were so funny and creative.  They were playing star wars and having sword fights.  Mimi says this is what they prefer to do instead of basketball or soccer or anything really.  Her kids were so good with mine regardless of the age gap.  There was no crying just a lot of fun.
        The weather is starting to cool and the leaves are changing colors.  I have the autumn scents burning.  Every once in a while I get a whiff of apples and cinnamon and it smells so good.  I love the fall, however, before it officially comes we had to get in one more outdoor swimming day.  Yesterday we went swimming with nana Hefner, Ashleigh, and her fiancée Telan.  It was great.  Teagan kept jumping off the side into the water.  He absolutely has no fear of swimming.  Now I am constantly on my toes making sure he does not jump in the water without supervision.  Even when in the water he wanted to swim by himself.  I tried putting floaties on his arms but his mouth would bob in and out of the water so I will have to try them again in a few months to see if he is ready.  Xadia kept by my side the whole time which is fine by me.  This was the pool she drowned in last year.  I was constantly doing kid checks on Xadia and Teagan.  Jacinda and McCabe had a great time doing their own thing with Ash and Telan.  As we got out of the pool, the wind started picking up and a storm came.  We made it home just in time to see lightening and hear the thunder.  It started raining really hard.  In fact, people in Alpine and Payson experience flooding.  I am so grateful we were all safe.



No comments: