Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday, January 16, 2011


Rasmussen's visiting over christmas


Big smiles from McCabe and Jacinda.

It has only been a month since my last post and I finally have a handle on life. I am back into my normal routine. Christmas was fun. For the first time since mom died (6 years ago) the family was all together. Unfortunately I could not find my camera when it came time to take pictures (arrrgh!). Hopefully someone will send me a copy. I know a lot of the nieces were taking my camera and shooting pictures. At least I have the mental memories.

Christmas is always such a fun time. This year, I could not think of anything I really wanted or needed, however, Tim gave me the ultimate surprise…..a mini me of himself. It is called the perfect man. When you squeeze his hand it says things like….”can we spend the holidays with your family this year?” or “Gee honey you don’t need any make-up you look beautiful the way you are.” This doll gave me some good laughs. I think it is really great that Tim went to the extent of finding it for me. I sure love that man.

Our latest past time favorite is going swimming. We got a membership to the Recreation Center and the kids love to play in the water. Even Xadia has her favorite thing to do there. She likes to go down the kiddy slides feet first and on her tummy. It is perfectly designed for our type of family. However, the other day while at the pool I saw this girl with a scar on her chest. I knew immediately what it was from and went over and asked her if she had cancer. She looked at me puzzled and said, “yes, how did you know?” I could tell by the port catheter scar. As I talked to her, I found out that her name is Kelli Duran and she had Hodgkin’s lymphoma 1.5 years ago. It was really neat to talk with her. She is such a hero in my eyes. She is a young mother who battled cancer and won. That is pretty fantastic.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Chills as you went and talked to someone...how special you must have made her feel that day. And so sorry to hear about your moms passing. Not a day goes by I don't miss mine and it's been 25 years! Loves to angels who need to visit more often!

Katie said...

Sasha, I still read your blog! Glad to hear you're still doing great. You were an inspiration to me during treatment, especially after you got pregnant after going through chemo. My biggest fear was that I would never be able to be a mom but Joe and I were able to and had our sweet baby boy, Liam, on October 20th. Such a miracle!

Hope all is well!

Katie

Unknown said...

As always your amazing and in tune! What a blessing to have a pool nearby so glad to hear the kiddos having tons of fun...we miss you all greatly!