Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday, December 19, 2010

I feel like there is not much to write about but I will find something. My kids are out of school for the Christmas break and I am very busy making goodie plates for the neighbors. Tim and the kids are eating the candy faster than I can make it. I guess I need to find a recipe that they don’t like.

McCabe had a school performance at a local care facility. He was a little shy and so I got to stand next to him and sing. Miss Staci helped him with his joke…”what does a cat on the beach have in common with Christmas?” “Sandy Claus.” It was cute to see the older people laugh. Some enjoyed the performance others slept through it. I got to visit with a resident name Carol (I did not catch her last name). For the most part she was upbeat but said that she relies a lot on her memories to keep her company. I was a little sad with her reality. I keep thinking that it will be great to be old. I can see my grandchildren and reflect on life and share it with the younger generation. I guess it will be a reality check when I get there.

Xadia is starting to call me mom (I love that). She is at a cute stage. Tim likes to play “alligator and monkey” with the kids. This is a game where he chases the kids and they run away. Xadia likes to play. She does not stand a chance but Tim is really good with her and she giggles and tries to run as Tim makes animal noises behind her.

That is it for now. I am really tired. This holiday season has got me running and I need a rest.

No comments: