Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday, September 13, 2009

I enjoyed another week of being a mother. It started off with the kids teasing each other and McCabe throwing a block at Jacinda and splitting open part of her scalp. I was livid when this happened; fortunately Tim was there to take care of McCabe while I took care of Jacinda. The cut was not deep enough for stitches, but it bled for a bit. It is so frustrating to see one of your kids get hurt….no matter who does it you want to put on your battle attitude and set things right so it never occurs again. McCabe got a scolding and a time out.

Among the bitter and reforming times of raising kids there are also the sweet moments when I get to teach my children important principles. This was a fun little game Tim and I played with the kids just before bed time. We would throw a fuzzy dice to one another and state one thing we were thankful for. McCabe repeatedly said his trains. Jacinda said she was thankful for Jessica Rawson, her new babysitter, her house, her ceramic bird from Nana McCabe, and the new baby that is coming. Every so often McCabe would copy her (out of turn) but for the most part he kept saying “trains.”

Jacinda and I went to the dentist on Friday. She is in the no cavities club so she got her name on the wall and a toy from the treasure chest. She absolutely loves the dentist. As we drove home Jacinda said, “I want to go there again tomorrow.” “Well honey you can’t, but we will go again in six months.” “Oh I can’t wait that long.” I laughed at her response. I am so happy that she is having such a pleasant experience. I wonder how things will change when she has a cavity.


This past weekend was stake conference. I absolutely loved it. I took away two fantastic messages that will help improve my life. The first involves trials. When faced with a trial, don’t blame or get angry with God. Instead think about what you can learn from the trial. The second message entails to always remember God. There are many times in my life things don’t go the way I want them. I need to stop and remember that I am on the Lord’s errand…..not mine own and that when life gets a little hard don’t forget to ask Him for help. I love the messages and the talks I was able to hear. I feel like my life has been calibrated to face the up coming week.

No comments: