Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Tuesday, May 3, 2023 (On Goings)

            The weather has started to warm up.  The snow is melted, and we have officially started having campfires in the backyard.  The Pergler boys come over and roast marshmallows.  Actually, Ian doesn’t roast marshmallows, he eats them right out of the bag.  Seth likes to toast the marshmallow and the chocolate covered graham on the stick at the same time.  We usually have more than one fire going at a time because each child wants to build their own.  Since the backyard is mostly dirt, we let them start a fire after they have built their fire ring with a circle of rocks.

              Teagan has been asking for a new suit.  He wants a red one.  I asked him to show me a picture of it.  Once I saw it, I said we could make one.  We went to Walmart and decided on some fantastic purple polyester.  I used one of his suits as a pattern and this is the final product.  He looks really sharp in his new suit.

              Xadia is doing track and she runs the 800 meters.  I attended her most recent meet and was so proud of how well she did.   I think she tied for first in her heat.  I loved watching her pass all the girls especially because she got squeezed out in the beginning.  Go Xades!



              McCabe is playing Lacrosse.  He is having a great time.  He comes home with welts on his arms from high powered balls hitting him.  I did not know much about Lacrosse before he started.  I have learned that it is a contact sport and looks like football, soccer, and hockey all combined into a sport.  I hope he continues to play sports.  It is fun to watch him.  I especially like cheering for him and my other kids.  I am loud enough to make sure they hear me.

              Jacinda is working hard at the Poki Bowl.  She has decided to serve a mission, so we are helping her get ready for that.  Come June, she will get her wisdom teeth removed.  She is also gearing up for summer college at SLCC.  I can’t believe my oldest is all grown up.

              Tim works hard to provide for the family.  When he is not working (which is rarely), he likes to “hold down the couch.”  Fozzie likes to join him.  Fozzie is a very loving dog.



      The kids are developing their talents.  Teagan and Xadia have learned to make strawberry Boba.

Teagan learned to make a catapult in the backyard.






No comments: