Monday, August 9, 2021

Monday, August 9, 2021

 The boys went camping July 16th so we had a girl’s night out.  We got our nails painted, got some Boba drinks and then ended the fun with Chic-Fil-A.  I like to spend time with my girls and do girly fun things.  It is important to have this time together. 



                Lance and Kade Stubbs got to hang out with us for a few days.  It was so fun having them.  One of the highlights was hiking to the rope swing.  The clouds were a blessing.  They blocked the scorching sun.  It was a riot to watch the kids swing back and forth.  Sometimes they sat on the wood swing correctly and sometimes they did not and would need to hold themselves with their hands.  I took a turn on the swing and of course the wood panel shifted so it was length wise with my thighs instead of perpendicular.  I had to use my scrawny arms to hold myself from kissing the dirt.  It was kinda hard since I was laughing at my predicament.  Good times I tell ya.




                McCabe went to Texas with Lance and Kade.  The rest of us went camping at Mantua and rode dirt bikes.  Xadia was not fond of the dirt bikes so she drove in the blueberry.  We slept on cots under the stars.  The moon was so bright.  We took Fozzie with us and he was a champ.  He did a good job staying with us until we left to eat breakfast.  We left him tied to the fence post at our camp site.  He kept barking.  He was so noisy that we got a call during breakfast to let us know that his bark was disturbing the other campers.  I raced out to greet him.  He was happy to see me especially because I took some of Teagan’s breakfast steak to feed him.  We have learned that Fozzie does not like to be left alone.  He is very much a people dog.


                The girls enjoyed their Boba drinks so much that we planned a family night to get some.  Unfortunately, McCabe was still in Texas so he missed out.  But the rest of the family loved their drinks.

                Xadia is going into 6th grade.  She is getting her school clothes put together.  She loves to look on a website called “Shein” for new clothes.  Recently she got a black jumper dress and wanted to also get a pink one.  Unfortunately they did not have one in pink.  So we went to the fabric store and she picked out the fabric and helped make a pink jumper dress.  Here she is modeling it.  It turned out very nicely and took about 3 hours to make.

                McCabe and Jacinda went to youth conference.  While away, Tim and I took Xadia and her friends along with Teagan out for some fun.  We went to Farmington Station and stopped by “It’s Sugar.”  The kids loaded up on sugary goodness.  Then it was off to “Tea’s Memory” for Boba drinks.  Xadia wanted her friends to try them.  The fun then ended with Little Caesar’s pizza.  We dropped off the kids and then Tim took me out to the Olive Garden.  We had a nice little dinner and talked to our server, Tyler, about opening up a Roth IRA with the tip we were going to give.  He was a nice man and agreed to open an account.  Hopefully he will follow through.  Jackson, our other server from about 2 weeks ago at Olive Garden did open his Roth Account and put his tip in it.  It is so fun helping these college students prepare for the future.


                Saturday Mac and Jacinda were at Lagoon working so Xadia, Teagan, Tim and I got to work on clearing the backyard.  We had to move scooters, a snow blower, and other junk so that the workers can get started on moving the dirt and expanding the rock wall.  This has been a year in a half in the making.  I am very excited.  I forget to mention that Fozzie was also there to help.



                Sunday’s rock.  I love going to church with my family.  Lately, Teagan has decided to wear his tie like Joseph Smith.  He is so cute.   I was trying to get a picture of him and Kade but Kade was having some difficulty acting normal so I took what I could.  Nevertheless, you can see the old time styled tie in the picture.



No comments: