Sunday, August 2, 2020

Sunday, August 2, 2020

This summer has been super busy.  We went to Texas in June.  We had a lot of fun visiting the Stubbs and swimming.  Kade and McCabe were busy skinning snakes and hunting wild pigs.  The rest of us were busy visiting with other family members, cooking, and painting their fireplace wall.  It was such an enjoyable visit but it was hot.  Thank goodness they kept their air conditioner running.  Fozzie got a few ticks from walking in the tall grass.  We had to pull them off of him.  Tim woke up one night with a tick crawling on his arm.  That was pretty gross and prevented me from sleeping well the rest of my time in Texas. 







                Tim and I had a nice visit with my sister Natalie.  We saw her condo and helped her install a light and her stackable washer and dryer.  We went out for lunch and then later met her friend Fadi.  I liked visiting her.  I hope she gets the rest needed to continue at her job.  Covid has caused some lay-offs and as a result, Natalie has more work put on her.

                Flying to and from Texas was different.  We had to wear masks to whole time on the plane.  The middle seat was empty as to comply with social distancing.  They only served canned water and pretzels.  It was totally a no frill ride.  But hey, it beats driving.

                The fourth of July was fun.  We swam at the Squire’s house and had a BBQ.  This summer has been very hot.   The kids have been doing a good job at keeping their lawn business going.  Jacinda works twice a week at Lagoon, which is perfect!  She would like to work more but Covid is taking its toll.

                School will start Aug. 25.  The kids whose last name start with an A-K will go Mon. and Wed. and then remote learning on Friday.  The other kids whose last name start with L-Z will go Tues. and Thurs. and then remote learning on Friday.  I am curious to see what happens when school starts.  I am wondering if the Covid cases will spike and it will end up being total remote learning.

                I am fortunate enough to still have my job.  Many people are being riffed.  The airports have seen a severe decrease in advertising.  I am grateful to still be at my job.

                I need to mention one funny thing Teagan does.  When he wants Fozzie’s attention, he will lift up his shirt and hit is belly repeatedly and call Fozzie’s name.  When Fozzie starts toward Teagan, he will run off so that Fozzie will chase him.



No comments: